Wednesday, February 22, 2012

There is No Place Like Home

So I can't seem to keep away from the parties.  I just can't help it, I love helping out and planning parties.  This is just a sneak peak of the stuff we are brewing up for cousin Krista's house warming party.  I don't really love it but I am glad I got to use my Crop a Dile again for it.
IMG_9782

Anywhoo, on Friday I helped her move into her new little space and I was so excited and just happy happy happy for her.  I love her new condo!  In all my happiness, I also got homesick and it kind of put me in this funk.  I just keep daydreaming about my home and missing it terribly.

I miss having my own space.  I miss my kitchen.
101_1843

I miss my bed. I miss sitting on my couch lounging.
dots3
  
I miss being able to stay home in my pj's all day. I miss Cindy's huge play area.  I miss my heated floors. I miss the small town life where we can walk right outside our house, up the hill, and see this [as you can see I was not appreciating that uphill walk].
150_2060

I just miss HOME.  Sometimes when I say that, people get a puzzled look as though my home is California.  They don't realize that my little family of three, we have built a whole life for ourselves in Germany.  We have a place we call home...our home sweet home.  I live a completely different life out there, one void of freeways, Target, and endless busy-ness.  In Germany I am a homemaker and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Don't get me wrong, I am eternally grateful to my in laws for giving us a temporary place to stay and
 taking care of all of our needs.  I have had so much fun spending money and time with family and friends and truly appreciate their support. 

 It has been a nice trip, but now more than ever I know it is time for Cindy and I to go home.  It is time for us to be a family again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! awesome creativeness. Really a very good idea of making some new items which attracts all the other people. The baby is so cute...
    Resealable Polypropylene Bags

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.