Saturday, March 23, 2013

Crispy Granola Pecan Cookies

 I do not know about your hubby but mine LOVES cookies! So the other day I decided to quickly    whip some up. However, I was limited in ingredients believe it or not. For example, I ran out of baking soda, baking powder, and only had 1/2 a cup of flour. But Bisquick came to the rescue (since it has baking powder & baking soda in it already)! Also the initial recipe I was following called for Rice Krispy cereal and I did not have that, but I did have Nature's Path granola from Costco (which had pumpkin seeds, toasted oats, pumpkin seeds, and other seed).


      First preheat oven at 350 degrees. 
Cream the softened butter (1/2 cup). Then add eggs (2) and vanilla (1 tsp).
   
     In a separate bowl mix Bisquick (1/2 cup), flour (1/2 cup)
oats (3/4 cup), granola (1 cup), and pecans   (1/2 cup) together.

     Then add in brown sugar (1/2 cup) and sugar (1/2 cup) to flour mixture.

Finally, mix flour mixture into butter mixture. 
Then scoop onto a cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper) and bake until golden brown.

 Tip: Immediately after taking it out of the oven, quickly transfer cookies onto a baking rack. 
This will make the cookies nice and crispy!


These cookies are super easy (and flexible), hope you enjoy them!

xoxo,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.