One of the things I look forward to most about December is peppermint. I know it's silly but it is the only time of the year I will drink peppermint hot chocolate or eat peppermint desserts. I'm a peppermint fanatic! When I found out M&M's came in White Chocolate Peppermint and Holiday Mint I had to get my hands on them! I combined them with two of my favorite desserts to create the perfect holiday treat.
You can find these M&M's [along with the M&M's Holiday Baking Minis that were sold out] at your nearest Target. It's pretty hard to miss! Just check out that adorable display screaming BUY ME! [And can you believe little man is already so big?!]
Don't think you will be able to find the White Chocolate Peppermint M&M's anywhere else because they are only available at Target. Just watch out because once you munch on a small handful it's pretty hard to stop. They are delicious just on their own.
There are recipes on the back of each bag and you can find some on the M&M website as well. One bag called for a can of cookie dough but I used my own cookie dough recipe. This makes a huge batch so if you are only making for a few people just cut everything in half.
3 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup of butter softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 to 1 1/2 cups of White Chocolate Peppermint M&M's
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugars together until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Slowly mix in dry ingredients. Stir in the White Chocolate Peppermint M&M's.
4. Drop tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet. I plopped a few of the festive red and white M&M's on top so you can see them after the cookies were bakes. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
You can also use a box of brownies to make this a quick and easy dessert, but if you want to make them from scratch here is the recipe.
1 1/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 tsp salt
1/3 cup flour
1 cup of Holiday Mint M&M's
1/2 cup butter softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Blend softened butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Add cocoa powder, salt and flour. [Stir in Holiday Mint M&M's if you want them in the brownie]
4. Spread batter into a greased 8 by 8 pan. [Sprinkle Holiday Mint M&M's if you want them on top]. Bake for 35 to 38 minutes.
I baked the M&M's in the brownie but I would suggest sprinkling them on top of the brownies after you pour the batter into the pan so you can see all the M&M's in their festive red, green and white. It's not so festive when you can only see them inside the brownie. Boo!!
I was baking these treats for the neighbors so I wanted to package them nicely. Like the M&M's, Target also had these cute exclusive holiday print containers. These adorable GLAD containers can only be found at Target. And look more fun recipes on the back!
Circles or squares they are the perfect home for those holiday treats. The print on the outside is so charming I love it!
Filled the containers up.
Topped with a bow and they are the perfect treat for friends, family, or co-workers this holiday season.
If you get bit by the Christmas bug and feel the urgent need to bake, just head on over to Target, pick up some M&M, GLAD containers and get baking!
These peppermint treats will bring joy to whoever you decide to give them to.
Until next time. Toodles!
Feel free to pin me..